Save the Date for the 2014 Ethics in Business AwardsDate: Thursday, November 13, 2014
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1:10 p.m. (registration begins at 11:00 a.m.)
Place: KI Convention Center
Keynote Speaker: TBD
Ethics in Business Awards
American Foundation of Counseling Services (AFCS) is proud to present the Ethics in Business (EIB) awards. In a time of growing concern about ethical and moral behavior, this recognition of ethical businesses and business leaders offers practical, positive models for everyday living and working. The past award recipients are generous developers of ethical capital in our community and state.
Why is promoting ethics important to AFCS?
Because we believe:
- Recognizing healthy work environments is one of the best things we can do to promote emotional well-being and mental health
- Working in unhealthy work environments negatively impacts individuals and their relationships-as spouses, parents, co-workers and community members.
American Foundation of Counseling Services (AFCS) understands quite clearly that the ultimate result of the synergy of stronger families, greater emotional wellbeing and a moral and ethical business environment is a better community in which to live. Likewise, businesses who are true champions for doing the right thing and seek to recruit staff and associates who comprehend the fundamental lessons of ethics and morality understand that these principles are grounded in the lessons first learned in families, at the dinner table, in school, on the athletic field and in places of worship. The necessary relationship between business vitality, community and family wellness is a crucial partnership for expanding the common good.
AFCS hosts the Ethics in Business Awards for three reasons:
- To foster a climate of ethics and integrity in northeast Wisconsin
- To heighten awareness of AFCS within the business community
- To raise funds for AFCS's healing work
2013 FinalistsIndividual Category - Anna Steinfest, Martha Ahrendt, Diana Brown, Judy Johnson
Business Category - Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance, Festival Foods, Fosber America, Inc., Skyline Technologies
Non-Profit Category - 91.1 The Avenue, Golden House, St. John the Evangelist Homeless Shelter, YMCA
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE)
- Wisconsin Public Radio winner vignettes
- Good Ethics Day proclamation by Mayor Schmitt and Brown County Executive Troy Strekenbach
- Ethics in Government Forum hosted by former County Executive Tom Hinz with area mayors and student government leaders
- Junior Achievement Ethics Through Excellence, Ethics in Action Day
- Future Leaders Ethics Essay Contest for East High School seniors
- Philosopher's Café ~ A series of monthly forums, held at different venues in the Green Bay area, led by UW-Green Bay and St. Norbert College faculty.
- Brown County Library – Central Office ~ Suggested reading lists on ethics for business and children
Have an idea for a new way to include or educate the community about ethics? Contact Vickie Patterson at or (920) 437-8256, ext. 113.